Well, New Years Eve had a slow start. I had a mountain of laundry from the holidays, and spent most of the day washing, drying, folding and putting clothes away.
But it took a 180 when we got a babysitter and went to dinner with the Koivistos. While we were at dinner, John and I learned that we were also celebrating David's birthday. So of course we had the whole restaurant sing "Happy Birthday" to him! We ended the night with a comedy video after the kids went to bed. John and I were asleep before the new year, but we both agree it was our best New Year's Eve in a long time.
The rest of the week has been spent putting away Christmas decorations, cleaning out the garage for a yard sale next Saturday, and hanging out with friends. John would add playing ping pong with David. He loves to play ping pong when he wins, but that doesn't always happen!
Today was monumental for Katie. It was her first day in the church nursery. She did great, only cried a little. She went right in and started to play, and was fine even when she realized John had left. Normally if Katie wants to communicate something she opens and closes her hand (the sign for milk) at the object and then becomes more vocal until she gets what she wants. During snack time, she was surprised that this ritual did not get the animal crackers right away. She had to wait her turn, which is a new concept for her. And so the socialization process begins!
I can't believe Christmas break is over. This is what J.J. looked like on vacation when he wasn't playing outside or with his friends. Okay, sometimes even when he was playing with his friends he looked like this. But he did well on his report card, so I felt like he deserved it.
Like J.J., Anna enjoyed playing outside and playing with friends. But most of her time was spent playing with Katie and drawing. Sometimes she plays with Katie because she has been asked to. But lots of times it's because the two of them are drawn to each other. Anna wants to help Katie, and Katie wants to be doing everything her big sister does.
Often they will draw together. Anna gives Katie paper and pencil and writes on the top of the page "Kate to Mom". Anna usually draws the first thing she thinks of. In the above picture though I asked her to draw her favorite part of Christmas this year. It is a drawing of Christmas dinner.
I think Katie will be sad to see her brother and sister go back to school, because there are some things moms just can't do. Like ride on a big wheel.
But let's focus on the positive. Moms can play peek-a-boo.
Happy New Year and thanks for wanting to keep up on our family!

10 comments:
Cute pictures, Angie! I thought it was very brave of you to post a picture of your dirty laundry. ;)
I am glad you guys had a fun week! We need to get together. How about a combined FHE sometime? Dinner and FHE?
Hi Angie,
I found your blog on the Schultz's site, and want to look in to see what you're all up to. The picture of your kids was adorable, and we loved hearing from you at Christmas. Looks like you're keeping busy! Hope all is well!
Steph Whitted
Angie, I love your blog and photos! Today is my second day of retirement, it's 9:10am and I'm sitting up in bed watching TV and looking at your blog. I used to live such a structured life!!!
Ann, you deserve it! (At least in my opinion.) My bet is that it will take a long time, if ever, for you to get tired of retirement. Glad you like the blog!
What a fun post! I loved seeing all the pictures. I can't believe how much Katie looks like BOTH Johnny and Anna!! So very adorable. You know, you wouldn't have been asleep at midnight if you were with us - you would have been partying!!!!!
SO TRUE!!!!! I think John and I forgot how to do that. Looking forward to summer 2010!
Yay! I'm so glad I found your blog. Just wanted to let you know you are one wonderful woman and a great friend. Even if I don't get to talk much and for long, I appreciate you and your wisdom!
Love the pictures. Happy New Year to you guys too! Gotta love the camper and four wheeler. Can we come and play?!
I'm sorry I'm just seeing these messages now. I would have responded earlier.
Ruth, you are too kind. I will say that I am grateful for the time we do get, and welcome more of it.
Marci, of course you can come and play- anytime!! If you are tired of the snow my birthday is coming soon. And J.J. is getting baptized in May. Can you believe how big our babies are getting?
Post a Comment