Monday, January 26, 2009

Friends

"Make new friends, but keep the old.
One is silver and the other gold."

These are the words to a song that I learned in Brownies (Girl Scouts). And they are really hitting home today. I don't like change and I am really missing my friend Erin. I also have been touched by friends that I have lost contact with that are reconnecting with me because of my blog. And then I have my friends in Blythe. Erin said that the only thing she will really miss about Blythe are her friends. I know that if I leave Blythe I will never find a better group of friends anywhere. I guess since us girls can't shop, we have to do what we do best- talk and connect! Thank you for my friends who let me cry (blubber) on their shoulder (and couch) when I need consoling. They say in times of crisis you find out who your true friends are. I have been very blessed- thank you!

6 comments:

Aaron and Lyndsey said...

My mom taught me that couplet shortly after we moved from TX to GA when I was about 11 years old. It's true but it took many years for it to sink in. I just left a comment on another friends page reminding her that we have known each other for 25 years this year. You'll always know who your kindred spirits are!

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm finally online! I was going crazy. Thanks for the tribute. You're awesome and I love you, I'll miss you, but don't worry, we're just a phone call apart. Can't wait for you to come visit. Temple trip anyone?

Tracy said...

That was sweet - so funny - my and my girls have been singing that song in a round the past few days! :) It's nice to have "seasons" of friendships - I am thankful to have been a "season" in your past - but am so glad we are reconnecting this way!

Daytrippingmom Media said...

I also dislike change and it's always hard when a good friend moves away. I'm glad that we have been able to reconnect through your blog. I love blogs!! and facebook- Do you have a facebook account?

Angie Hermanson said...

Thanks you guys! I don't have a facebook account yet (just my name) but would like to get on it regularly. I will announce it on my blog when I do. I think it would be better to put my daily random thoughts there and leave the blog for my family stuff.

B.T.B.B. said...

I loved that song too! You are a great gal. Let's go to the Temple and visit Erin soon!